Prearranging One's Funeral, Begins with Communication
- Talk to your family, your spouse, children etc… about your feelings and wishes concerning your final arrangements.
- Listen to them as they express their feelings and expectations.
- Work together through sharing, understanding and perhaps compromise, to develop a plan for your prearrangement.
Types of Prearrangement Planning
- Sharing your plan with a trusted family member, your clergy and your funeral director.
- Planning the details with your funeral director and/or clergy
- Pre-Financing your arrangement plan.
Pre-financing your Prearrangement Plan
- PRIVATE INSURANCE PLANS you may have in place through work or a private policy you may have purchased, usually may be pre-assigned to the funeral home, but do not guarantee a fully paid funeral.
- GUARANTEED PRICE CONTRACTS are fully paid Prearrangement plans that allow you to pay for your selected arrangement now, in one lump sum and “lock in” the price of the arrangement.
- NON-GUARANTEED PRICE CONTRACTS are available to those who need to make payments towards or wish to partially pay for their plan but do not qualify for other payment programs. 100 % of their funds are held in Escrow they “grow” through investments. The balance of the account is applied toward payment of the funeral expenses at the time of death, your survivors are billed for the remaining balance.
- FUNERAL INSURANCE offered through the funeral home, allows the healthier, younger individual to prepay their arrangements slowly over three, five of even ten year plans, and still be covered under a guaranteed price contract.
These are some of the basic options available. They each have their own unique advantages and disadvantages. We can explain these options to you in more detail, so you can make an educated and comfortable choice.
Please contact us with any questions, concerns or to set an appointment. You are never under any obligation and your complete privacy is always assured.